Students at the New Sixth are, once again, celebrating a fantastic set of A level results; 94% of A level entries achieved A*-E with 44% achieving A*-B and 24% A*-A.
These results are a testament to the hard work, commitment and ambition of both students and staff. Students will now progress to university, employment and high level apprenticeships to enjoy the many opportunities made available to them as a result of their examination success.
Lucy Butler, Director of Sixth Form said “We are delighted by the achievements of our students and thrilled that they will now have the capacity to move forward with their goals for the future. These excellent results are the culmination of endeavour in both academic and extracurricular pursuits as students have balanced A level study alongside volunteering, Duke of Edinburgh and music commitments, to name a few. Knowing that our students are leaving us equipped with the skills and qualifications necessary to thrive in any environment is a cause of celebration at The New Sixth.”
When reflecting on their time at The New Sixth, students identified what they felt had led to their enviable success:
- ‘The teaching standards are so high, they have really helped me to get the grades I need for university. The New Sixth offers an excellent standard of education.’ Harriet Vann Chemistry at Durham University.
- ‘I would recommend the New Sixth as it has the friendly and encouraging atmosphere that provides the perfect environment to succeed.’ Joshua Lacey – Engineering at Southampton University.
- ‘The New Sixth has great class sizes, with one to one support from teachers frequently offered.’ Oscar Emery – Art foundation course
- ‘Staff have been really supportive of my commitments outside of school and have helped me to manage my studies alongside this.’ Daisy Williams – Laban Conservatoire for Contemporary Dance
- ‘There are incredible teachers at the New Sixth that have done nothing but support and help me throughout my time here.’ Harriet Poppy Hawkins – Spanish at Southampton University.
Students wishing to discuss their future or who may be considering their options for this September are invited to contact The New Sixth on 01225 838232 to find out more.
The New Sixth Open Evening will be held on Thursday 25 October 6.00pm-9.00pm for students considering their choices for September 2019. For further information about courses available at The New Sixth of details on our application process, visit www.newsixthbath.org.uk