Examination Results 2018
Students at the New Sixth once again celebrated a fantastic set of A level results in 2018. These results are a testament to the hard work, commitment and ambition of both students and staff. Our students progressed to university, employment and high level apprenticeships to enjoy the many opportunities made available to them as a result of their examination success.
Amongst the headline figures, results data shows that:
- 94% of all A Level entries achieved A*-E pass grade
- 70% achieved A*-C
- 25% achieved A*-A
- 90% of all students secured an offer at their first choice university
When reflecting on their time at The New Sixth, students identified what they felt had led to their enviable success:
- ‘The teaching standards are so high, they have really helped me to get the grades I need for university. The New Sixth offers an excellent standard of education.’ Harriet V Chemistry at Durham University.
- ‘I would recommend the New Sixth as it has the friendly and encouraging atmosphere that provides the perfect environment to succeed.’ Joshua L – Engineering at Southampton University.
- ‘The New Sixth has great class sizes, with one to one support from teachers frequently offered.’ Oscar E – Art foundation course
- ‘Staff have been really supportive of my commitments outside of school and have helped me to manage my studies alongside this.’ Daisy W – Laban Conservatoire for Contemporary Dance
- ‘There are incredible teachers at the New Sixth that have done nothing but support and help me throughout my time here.’ Harriet Poppy H – Spanish at Southampton University.
The New Sixth continues to offer exceptional sixth form education for students, striving for academic excellence across a broad curriculum offer. Students at The New Sixth receive outstanding teaching coupled with advice and guidance for sustained improvement and progress in their learning. Further information on courses available can be found here.