“The achievement of our students consistently places our sixth form as one of the top achieving sixth forms locally. Students leaving The New Sixth progress to some of the very best academic institutions including Oxford, Cambridge and the Russell Group.”
Who to contact for help and advice
Mrs H Quinn – Examinations Officer
Miss L Butler – Director of Sixth Form
Preparing yourself for exams
Students are strongly advised to read the following advice guide that has been produced to help support you as you prepare for exams. It contains essential information regarding what is expected of you during exams, as well as some helpful advice on what you can (and can’t) do.
- Year 13 Revision Planner Summer Exams 2019
- Year 12 and 13 Guide to Exam Regulations 2019
- Year 12 Revision Guide Summer 2019
- Year 12 Timetable and Planner Summer 2019
Most of the examination boards have useful pages on their websites for parents and students, a list of these can be found below.
Advice for Parents
- 5 Apr 2019 – Year 13 Study Leave Exam Guide and Results Day
- 8 May 2019 Year 12 Exam Week Notices
- 15 Mar 2019 – Letter to Parents – How to help
Timetables for summer exams are issued in early spring once the entries have been made. The timetables will be published once the entries have been finalised.
Year 12 Exam Timetables
Year 13 Exam Timetables
Please note individual dates are subject to change and we strongly advise students and parents to wait for their personalised timetable before making any holiday arrangements or travel plans.
Results Dates for 2019
A level Results Day
Thursday 15 August 2019 from 9.00am
Atrium of Gateway
GCSE Results Day
Thursday 22 August 2019 9:00 am – 10:00 am
Bond Pavilion, Main Building
What to do on Results Day
All students are required to collect their results from The New Sixth on Results Day. If you are unable to collect on the day, you may nominate someone to collect them on your behalf, or you can have them sent to your home address. In either case, you will need to complete the form below and return to the Exams Officer, as detailed.
Your certificates are very important for your future; all employers, colleges and universities will ask to see these. Please collect them from the school from December following your exams. If you are unable to collect them in person, please write a letter to authorise a friend/relative to collect them on your behalf.
Replacement certificates can be ordered from the relevant Exam board. An application form will need to be completed for each Exam board and sent with a cheque to gain replacements.
JCQ Official Exam Regulations
- Information for candidates – Controlled Assessments 2018-19
- Information for candidates – Coursework 2018-19
- Information for candidates – Non Examination Assessments 2018-19
- Information for candidates – Onscreen tests 2018-19
- Information for candidates – Privacy Notice 2018-19
- Information for candidates – Social media 2018-19
- Information for candidates – Written exams 2018-19
- No Mobile Phones Poster 2018-19
- Warning to Candidates 2018-19
The School uses the following Examination Boards: